Whether we dine at a restaurant, shop grocery from a supermarket, or book a movie ticket, we often come across several different POS machines.
Have you ever thought about how point-of-sale systems work? You are at the right place, the post will briefly brush up your knowledge about the hardware, software, and working process of such a system. Keep reading it till the end.
Key components of a POS Solution Dubai
A point of sale system has usually two basic components – hardware and software. Have a close and brief look at these two components here:
1. Hardware – A POS system has two processes – frontend and backend. For both frontend and backend processes, the system has hardware components like a monitor (or tablet/mobile screen), interface, cash drawer, receipt printer, card reader, and network device.
2. Software – A POS software tool is of basically two types – onsite and cloud-based. It has specific designs and features for a specific business. A POS for retail businesses doesn’t support carrying out restaurant business operations. You should get it as per the industry of your business.
Key features of POS software
Each software solution has its own features. Some of its features are for a particular business sector. However, there are some features that could be in the Point-of-Sale Software for all business sectors. Such features are as follows:
- User-friendly interface
- Seamless checkout process
- Customisation options
- Effortless card scanner
- High speed card processor
- Inventory tracking
- Mobile access
- Customer data management
Working process point of sale systems
Every technical solution has its own working process. And a POS Solution Dubai is not an exception to it. The working process of this system is as follows:
- At the checkout point, a barcode scanner scans an item to know its selling price
- It marks the item sold after scanning and printing the price for the same
- There is a calculation of the final price including every associated thing such as discounts, taxes, etc.
- It establishes an interaction with the CRMS (customer relations management system)
- There is a transaction for merchant services account for checks, debit/credit cards
- It prints a receipt for the sold items
Your POS Solution Dubai is helpful/beneficial for you when you get the complete solution package or the software that you can integrate with your existing systems. You will enjoy your checkout operations with the right system.